PARENTS, BE AWARE OF YOUR LANGUAGE
You might not realize it, but your children are soaking up your beliefs like a sponge. Every time you say something, they’re taking mental note of what you believe and how you feel about things. This is why it’s so important to be careful about what you say in front of your kids! You don’t want to accidentally instill any negative belief systems in them.
SO, WHERE DO YOUR CHILD’S BELIEFS COME FROM? LET’S TAKE A LOOK.
It’s no secret that parents have a huge impact on their children’s lives. After all, parents are the first people that children interact with on a regular basis. As such, it should come as no surprise that parents play a major role in shaping their children’s beliefs. For better or for worse, whatever parents believe, their children are likely to believe as well.
Siblings also play a big role in shaping a child’s belief system. If an older brother or sister is constantly getting into trouble, the younger child may start to believe that this sort of behavior is normal and acceptable. Alternatively, if an older sibling is doing well in school and getting good grades, the younger child may start to believe that academic success is important and something to strive for.
Peers also have a significant influence on children’s beliefs. Once children start going to school and interacting with other kids on a regular basis, they’re going to start picking up on the beliefs of their peer group. If all of the kids in a child’s class believe that boys are better than girls, or vice versa, the child is likely to start believing this as well regardless of what his or her parents believe.
4. The Media, kids youtube, digital
Finally, the media also plays a role in shaping children’s beliefs. Children are bombarded with messages from television, movies, advertising, and the internet on a daily basis. While some of these messages may be positive, many of them are negative and can cause children to develop unhealthy beliefs about themselves and the world around them.
Parenting Success Beliefs for your child:
1. I believe in being true to myself and living my life with integrity.
2. I believe in always learning and growing, and embracing change.
3. I believe in taking care of my mind, body, and spirit.
4. I believe in being kind and compassionate to others, and treating them with respect.
5. I believe in making a positive difference in the world.
6. I believe in following my heart, and doing what brings me joy.
7. I believe in setting boundaries, and taking care of myself first.
8. I believe in speaking my truth, and standing up for what I believe in.
9. I believe in living each day to the fullest, and savoring all the little moments that makeup life.
10. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that even the darkest times can lead to growth and transformation
What matters most is that you live your life according to your own values and principles…and that you never give up on yourself or your dreams!
It’s important to be aware of the fact that your children are constantly observing you and taking note of your actions and words. Everything you do and say has the potential to shape your child’s belief system! So be careful about what you say and do around your kids—you don’t want to accidentally instill any negative belief systems in them!
topkick MARTIAL ARTS PROGRAM
At TopKick Martial Arts, we understand that children need more than just physical training to become confident and successful adults. That’s why our martial arts program is designed to help them develop important life skills like communication and teamwork. Through our specialized curriculum, your child will learn how to use their voice and body in a confident way, setting them up for success in all areas of their life. Becoming the Leader of their life.